Your Installation and Unit
Within the installation of your Electric Vehicle Chargepoint; there are certain terms and
conditions that may mean pricing is subject to change. Please read these carefully to
understand what they are, and what will possibly change once our engineers visit your
The following must be correct in order for us to go ahead with the service:
- You are the designated main user / owner of an eligible electric vehicle (EV) as listed by the OLEV, after the 1st October 2016, or have an EV on order.
- You reside in mainland England or Wales.
- The installation address specified on the application form is a residential address and that you either own the property or have the consent from the landlord for the Homecharge unit to be installed.
- There is a garage or other suitable private off street parking within your premises, compliant to the conditions set by OLEV, allowing you to charge your vehicle safely without creating a trip or other health and safety risk to yourself or any other party, with modern household electrics.
- You declare that you will not claim the VAT back on the installation of this Homecharge unit from HMRC.
- You give Evii Limited permission to apply for the government Electric Vehicle Homecharge Scheme grant on your behalf and that you may be contacted in the future by the Office for Low Emission Vehicles (OLEV) or its agents to conduct a random check.
- You agree to indemnify Evii Limited and the installation contractor against any claim (including consequential losses) arising from the installation, use or misuse of the Homecharge unit.
- The usage of the equipment supplied is restricted to charging electric cars. Evii Limited reserves the right to disable or remove the unit in the event of any abuse or misuse of the equipment.
We install all of our EV chargepoints in accordance with the IET Code of Practice for EV charging.
Our installers will assess your property on the day of installation to ensure that the installation falls within our Standard Installation prior to commencing the installation:
To have your OLEV funded Rolec Charging Units installed at the advertised price, you will need to ensure your installation falls into the below criteria:
- A maximum run of 10 metres from source of supply (consumer unit) to charge point The property’s consumer unit must be RCD protected and have a spare way for protecting the outgoing charge point circuit
- Cable to be surface mounted – clipped direct
- No ground works
- The property must have an earthing arrangement complying with current regulations
- The charge point must be fixed to the main property and able to utilise the property’s earthing arrangement
- The homeowner must comply with all current OLEV Domestic Scheme Ts & Cs
Should your installation fall outside the above criteria, there may be additional charges for the extra work required. We only ever charge cost price for the additional work and will not cut corners during the installation when it comes to your safety.
If your claim is rejected by OLEV for any reason and cannot be rectified either you will be requested to pay the £500 grant within 30 days of notification of this, or failing this, Evii Limited will arrange for removal of the unit.
Your Homecharge unit is covered by a three-year limited warranty from the date of installation. The warranty covers technical faults identified with the Homecharge unit but does not cover external damage, general wear and tear or accidental damage caused by an external factor. Your warranty is also invalid if a third party makes any amendments to the installation or unit. Please see the Domestic Terms & Conditions for further information on how to report an issue. Evii Limited reserves the right to replace or repair a faulty charger within the warranty period.
Customer information will only be shared with agreed Recipients. These Recipients are the Office for Low Emission Vehicles (OLEV) and Hybrid Energy Solutions Ltd and its commercial partners, as well as any other body that requires this information in respect of the supply of a grant in respect of supporting the supply to you of the Homecharge Unit (the Recipients). Your personal information will be safeguarded and processed in accordance with the requirements of the Data Protection Act 1998 and your details will only be passed to any of its commercial partners and OLEV or its agents if your Homecharge unit is chosen for a random check.
Upon installation and completion of the all necessary paperwork, the ownership of the Homecharge unit becomes yours, subject to these Terms and Conditions. In the event the Terms and Conditions are breached by you, Evii Limited reserves the right to remove the Homecharge unit, or disable it. You agree to indemnify Evii Limited for all costs incurred by Evii Limited in doing so.
The terms of the Homecharge offer may be amended and/or withdrawn by Evii Limited at any time, without prior notice.
By submitting the Homecharge application form and/or accepting a Homecharge installation, you confirm that you have read, agree with and comply with all the conditions placed on the Electric Vehicle Homecharge Scheme as published from time to time by OLEV as well as the Evii Limited Homecharge Terms and Conditions listed within this document.
Should any issues arise with your unit, Evii Limited will firstly attempt to amend the problem via telephone communication. If this is not possible, Evii Limited will attend your property to fix the problem – if the problem cannot be fixed, Evii Limited will replace the unit if the damage or fault is not 3rd party.
These terms and conditions are governed by the laws of England and Wales.